This Last West: Miles City, Montana Territory, 1876-1886
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This is a RARE LIKE NEW copy of an almost impossible to obtain "This Last West: Miles City, Montana Territory, and Environs, 1876-1886. The People, The Geography, The Incredible History..." book by Lorman L. Hoopes, M.D. first edition published in 1990. Only 1,000 were ever published. Some of the photographs...
This is a RARE LIKE NEW copy of an almost impossible to obtain "This Last West: Miles City, Montana Territory, and Environs, 1876-1886. The People, The Geography, The Incredible History..." book by Lorman L. Hoopes, M.D. first edition published in 1990. Only 1,000 were ever published.
Some of the photographs have glares and reflections that are not part of the book itself - the dust cover is very shiny and hard to take pictures of. The book is in like new condition.
We carefully package shipments so no damage will occur to items. Satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If you are unhappy with your purchase for ANY reason, we will accept a return and offer a full refund if the item is returned in the same condition as sent to you, no questions asked (buyer pays return shipping).
About the book:
This large format (about 8.5 x 11 inches) hardback volume focuses on Southeastern Montana during the 12 years following The Battle of the Little Bighorn (Custer's Last Stand). There are 416 pages of detailed information about the Miles City area and its inhabitants, plus 52 pages of maps and photographs. The entries are organized alphabetically, with listing for businesses, ranches, residences, etc. This will prove fascinating to anyone who has lived in the area, or anyone who is researching family history of local inhabitants during this era. The 52 pages of illustrations are nicely printed on glossy stock, and the level of detail is very good. Most of the photos are by the famed photographer L.A. Huffman, who came to the area in 1879. Huffman established his photography business at Fort Keogh, built by the US government in response to the huge publicity surrounding the annihilation of Custer's troops. The Prologue is by Mark H. Brown, co-author of two highly recommended books on the photography of L.A. Huffman.
Big Sky Toys takes pride in the quality of our products and the excellence of our shipping. Through our Minty Fresh Condition Guarantee™ we do everything possible to ensure that you as a valued customer receive the best possible product in the best possible condition.
- We guarantee that the packaging for in-stock Funko Pop! bobble-head and vinyl figures, and Hot Wheels and other diecast vehicles, and other collectible items offered through our store will be shipped in mint to near-mint condition in the best possible packaging available anywhere unless otherwise noted in a product description.
- Many stores attempt to sell items without regard to bent cards, crushed packaging, or other packaging damage that collectors care about. Big Sky Toys, however, inspects each and every item before we ship it to you. If any defect is found, we won't ship it, and if the shipping carrier damages a product, we'll replace it.
- We guarantee the product you receive has no price stickers, security stamps, or hole punches (unless we're selling an item that come from another retailer). Many stores - online and offline - put price tags, security stickers, or UPC stickers directly on the packaging, thus reducing the potential collectible value. Big Sky Toys believes the packaging is as important as the item inside and never affixes stickers or labels directly to the products we ship.
- We guarantee that we do not remove rare items or variations from the products we ship to you. We ship you the exact product the manufacturer sends to us, and we never do anything to your collectible to reduce its aftermarket value.
- Finally, we guarantee to sell you original product. All the items we sell are officially licensed (if necessary) and come in original packaging.